Transportation to Namibia is usually by air, with direct flights from Johannesburg and Cape Town, as well as direct international flights from Frankfurt and Munich (June 2016). You can either book your flight online or with various travel agencies around the world where we can be of assistance to you.
All visitors require a passport for entry into Namibia, which must be valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended stay in the county, and have sufficient pages for entry and exit stamps. All visitors must also have a valid return ticket.
Citizens from the following countries DO NOT need a Visa when visiting Namibia for touristic purposes:
Angola, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Botswana, Brazil, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, UK, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Canada, Kenya, Cuba, Lesotho, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Malawi, Malaysia, Mozambique, Holland, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Russia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Singapore, Spain, South-Africa, Switzerland, Sweden, Tanzania and USA.
More than 50 countries have Namibian consular or embassy representation in Windhoek. For information, contact the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Information and Broadcasting. Tel: +264 64 282 9111
You may either bring your own rifle (we recommend calibre 30-06 or larger with scope) or rent one of our rifles. (300 WinMag and 30-06). When bringing your own rifle please notice the following:
- You must have a document at hand which states the proof of ownership of your rifle.
- Before entering Namibia you must have a invitation letter from your host.
- Upon arrival in Namibia you will be issued a temporary import permit at customs.
- Ammunition: 80 to 100 rounds, soft point
- Photographic equipment
- Olive green hunting pants and long sleeved shirts
- Comfortable hunting boots
- A warm, rugged windbreaker and a hunting jacket
- Hat, sunscreen and sun glasses
- Insect repellent (malaria prophylaxis not necessary)
We advise that you acquire adequate travel insurance for yourself, your personal belongings and your baggage before leaving home.